Screwdriver is also called bit or driver. It is a tool for tightening and loosening screws.
Screwdrivers do not have round heads, because round heads have no torque at all. One word is to ensure that there is torque, and the cross can make the force distribution more even. According to the power source, there are manual screwdrivers and electric screwdrivers; according to the bit or bit, there are flat head and phillips.
The bit of a high-quality screwdriver is made of spring steel with relatively high hardness. A good screwdriver should be hard but not brittle, and tough but hard. When the screw head opening becomes bald and slippery, you can hit the screwdriver with a hammer to make the screw groove deeper, so that the screw can be easily removed. The screwdriver should be undamaged; the screwdriver is often used to pry things, and it requires a certain degree of toughness. Not bend. In general, it is hoped that the hardness of the screwdriver head is greater than HRC60, and it is not easy to rust.
Align the special-shaped end of the screwdriver with the recess on the top of the screw, fix it, and then start rotating the handle.
Divided according to function, mainly divided into:
1. ordinary screwdriver
It is a screwdriver with the head and handle built together. It is easy to prepare and can be used as long as it is taken out. However, because there are many different lengths and thicknesses of screws, it is sometimes necessary to prepare many different screwdrivers.
2. Combined screwdriver
A screwdriver that separates the screwdriver head and the handle. When you want to install different types of screws, you only need to replace the screwdriver head, and you don't need to bring a large number of screwdrivers. The advantage is that it can save space, but it is easy to lose the screwdriver bit.
3. Electric screwdriver
Electric screwdriver, as the name implies, uses an electric motor to replace the manual installation and removal of screws, usually a combination screwdriver.
4. Clock screwdriver
It is a precision screwdriver and is commonly used in repairing hand strap watches, so it is called this.
5. Little King Kong screwdriver
The head handle and body length are smaller than the commonly used screwdrivers, not a clock screwdriver.
From its structural shape, there are usually the following:
1. Straight shape. This is the most common one. The head model has a character, cross, pozi, T-shaped (quincunx), H-shaped (hexagonal), etc.
2. L shape. It is more common in the hexagonal screwdriver, which uses its longer rod to increase the torque and save effort.
3. T-shaped. There are many applications in the auto repair industry.
Screwdriver head type classification:
According to different head types, screwdrivers can be divided into one-character, cross, Pozi, star (computer), square head, hexagonal head, Y-shaped head, etc. Among them, the word and cross are the most commonly used in our lives, like Installation and maintenance are all required. It can be said that a screwdriver is needed wherever there are screws.
Hexagonal heads are not used much. Hexagonal wrenches are commonly used. For example, many screws on some machines have hexagonal holes, which is convenient for multi-angle force. There are not many star-shaped ones. Small star-shaped ones are often used for dismantling and repairing mobile phones, hard drives, notebooks, etc. We call small screwdrivers a clock and watch screwdriver.
How to safely maintain and use?
(1) The blade of the screwdriver must be ground correctly, and the two edges of the blade must be as parallel as possible. If the blade is tapered, the blade can easily slip out of the screw slot when turning the screwdriver.
(2) Do not grind the head of the screwdriver too thin or grind it into a shape other than square.
(3) Be especially careful when grinding the screwdriver on the grinding wheel. It will overheat and make the edge of the screwdriver soft. When grinding, wear goggles.